Join the team at North Dakota United!
Professional Development Assistant Position
North Dakota United, a union representing public school employees, higher education, state, county, and municipal employees, has an immediate opening for an administrative assistant working primarily with the professional development program. The full-time position has a limited term of about nine months.
The position requires a minimum of a high school diploma with preference for additional post- secondary education. The applicant should be able to demonstrate proficiency in the use of common office equipment, have experience or training in the use of the various programs in the Microsoft Office Suite, and have experience or training in entry level bookkeeping.
NDU is a state affiliate of the National Education Association and the American Federation of Teachers and serves approximately 11,500 members who are K-12 teachers, public employees, educational support professionals, higher education faculty, students and retired members. NDU provides professional leadership, legal services, legislative and political involvement, membership benefits programs, and professional and personal development throughout the state. NDU is governed by an elected eighteen-member Board and a statewide Delegate Assembly.
- Assist Director of Professional Development on implementing North Dakota United’s professional development program
- Work closely with the ND United business team to track payments of continuing education credits
- Organize training events
- Work with Director of Special Projects to promote existing Professional Development opportunities
- Lead and Expand opportunities around book studies and micro credentials for members of ND United
Experience and Skills Desired for This Position:
- Experience working in groups
- Experience with event planning
- Experience using and maintaining databases
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
The salary for the position will depend on experience and will include health insurance.
Interested applicants should submit a letter of application, a resume with education and employment experience and two letters of reference electronically to email@example.com.
Questions about the position should be directed to Chad Oban, Executive Director, North Dakota United at 701-223-0450 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
NDU is an equal opportunity employer