In order to StaND Up for what’s right for our kids, our schools and our educators, we need to be organized. North Dakota United is offering specialized training for members who want to help organize and build power in their local association.
Who: K-12 teachers and education support professional members of ND United
What: StaND Up: Organizing Workshop To Build Your Local
When: July 25, from 10am-5pm
Where: Ramkota Conference Center, Heart Room, Bismarck, ND
Why: To build the strength of our locals through organizing
There will be an overview of the “Standing United” New Ed Campaign, sessions on organizing, communications and local planning time.
NDU will pay for mileage for 1 car per local up to 4 people, and 2 cars per local over 4. NDU will cover ½ cost of a hotel room per participant, if necessary. Lunch will be provided.
Any questions, comments or concerns should be sent to Geoff Greenwood, NDU organizing director, at 701-223-0450 or email@example.com.
United, we staND!
- Introduction (10:00 am – 10:05 am)
- New Educator Campaign Overview (10:05 am – 10:30 am)
- Organizing Principles (10:30 am – 12:30 pm)
- Lunch (12:30 pm – 1:30 pm)
- Member Panel – Organizing and Negotiations (12:30 pm – 1:30 pm)
- Communications for Organizing: Theory of Change (1:30 pm – 2:30 pm)
- Organizing Practices (2:30 pm – 5:00 pm)