Poor Students, Rich Teaching: 7 High Impact Mindsets for Students from Poverty
Motivate students to learn in the face of poverty using mindsets in the classroom:
- Understand the urgency of poverty in the United States and how poverty affects education, student engagement, and academic achievement.
- Learn how creating a positive school culture and a growth mindset for students can be beneficial in overcoming adversity.
- Gain seven high-impact mindsets that bring change: the relational mindset, achievement mindset, rich classroom climate mindset, engagement mindset, positivity mindset, enrichment mindset, and graduation mindset.
- Build effective teacher-student relationships, and help students see college and career readiness as a reachable target.
- Create a welcoming classroom climate where all students love to learn, and drive student engagement, motivation, and success.
Book studies cost $50 payable to North Dakota United to participate and AN ADDITIONAL $50 to UND to have your credit recorded onto your transcript. In total, each book study is $100.00
Grades take approximately two weeks to appear on your transcript after the end of the book study.
Facilitators will contact you three to four days before the book study begins.
If you have questions, please contact: email@example.com