Classroom Management Matters: The Social Emotional Learning Approach Children Deserve
Gianna has been a teacher and leader, and the classroom management strategy she shares in Classroom Management Matters shifts you away from professionally draining rewards-and-consequences systems that threaten children rather than connect with them. Instead of tips and techniques Gianna presents a plan for explicitly teaching children how to be effective learners and accountable members of the classroom. You’ll quickly learn to:
- know your students better and understand the causes of individuals’ misbehavior
- assess children’s development along a provided social-emotional continuum-just like any other skill you teach
- teach these self-management skills to support a positive classroom and academic growth
- set and maintain boundaries with students
- respond to disruption with effective teaching language.
With reflection questions, classroom examples, and summaries of supporting studies from researcher Brook Sawyer, Classroom Management Matters helps you be a learning leader in the classroom instead of an authority. “I’ll show you detailed strategies that prevent and minimize your difficulties with students,” writes Gianna, “so you can focus on constructive action that will have a lasting, positive impact.”
Book studies cost $50 payable to North Dakota United to participate and AN ADDITIONAL $50 to UND to have your credit recorded onto your transcript. In total, each book study is $100.00
Grades take approximately two weeks to appear on your transcript after the end of the book study.
Facilitators will contact you three to four days before the book study begins.
If you have questions, please contact: email@example.com