Legislative Campaign Organizer
The Legislative Campaign Organizer is responsible for planning, developing and implementing programs to advance the legislative initiatives of ND United including increased funding for all public employees, protecting retirement benefits, and opposing K-12 privatization efforts. This position will work closely with North Dakota United’s existing legislative campaign team.
ND United serves approximately 11,500 members who are K-12 teachers, public employees, educational support professionals, higher education faculty, aspiring educators, and retired members. NDU provides professional leadership, legal services, legislative and political involvement, membership benefits programs, and professional and personal development throughout the state. NDU is governed by an elected eighteen-member Board and a statewide Delegate Assembly.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support North Dakota United members, locals, and staff in building power to achieve North Dakota United’s statewide legislative advocacy goals.
- Assist the field team in identifying, recruiting, training, and supporting member political action and advocacy leaders.
- Recruit members for participation in statewide actions and political activities.
- Assist local associations with a systematic program of membership promotion, retention, and recruitment.
- Train local leaders.
- Participate and lead political activities at state and local level.
- Liaison between policy discussion at the capital and members and staff.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Experience with political and government processes
- Knowledge and understanding of and experience with organizing.
- Knowledge and understanding of the importance of the union’s role in education and public service.
- Proficiency in oral and written communication.
- Proficiency in technology including, but not limited to Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work effectively with individuals and groups with differing backgrounds, experiences, and points of view.
- Ability and willingness to travel.
- Ability and willingness to learn.
Start Date and Office Location:
There is flexibility in the start date and location.
- Position requires extensive state and some national traveling as well as evening and weekend work.
- BA/BS degree (preferred).
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Should have experience in political or issue campaigns
- Must have proficient computer skills.
- High level of initiative, effort, and commitment toward completing tasks and assignments.
12-month position with potential for extension. Compensation depends on experience
Interested individual must submit a written letter of application along with a current resumé and three references. Applications must be received no later than August 3, 2022. Send electronically to:
Chad Oban, Executive Director
North Dakota United
301 North 4th Street
Bismarck, ND 58501