eastern ND organizer
Location: Fargo, ND
As an organizer with NDU, you will be assigned to organizing campaigns, trained on the fundamentals of union organizing and will have the opportunity to learn the skills needed to help workers build power in the workplace. You will work in the Organizing Department and report directly to the Assistant Executive Director.
- Working together with existing local/chapter leadership to conduct broad and intensive outreach efforts to non-union workers.
- Building one-on-one relationships with workers.
- Identifying, recruiting and developing worker leaders.
- Conducting individual and group meetings with workers to move organizing campaigns forward.
- Engaging, motivating and mobilizing workers to take action.
- Planning and carrying out actions and events to support worker organizing efforts.
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience with grassroots organizing and a demonstrated commitment to social and economic justice.
- Ability and willingness to work long and irregular hours, including nights and weekends.
- Excellent listening, oral and written communication skills.
- Basic computer literacy and ability to learn the organization’s technology tools.
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team.
- Willingness to conduct work site and home visits.
- Strong planning, time-management and problem-solving skills.
- Willingness to work with people from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- General knowledge of North Dakota’s political process and state-specific political issues
- Bachelor’s degree
- Two years of union or political organizing and/or union leadership
Interested individual must submit a written letter of application along with a current resumé and three references. By mail or email, applications must be received by: Friday, March 27, 2020
Send by mail to:
Chad Oban, Executive Director
North Dakota United
301 North 4th Street
Bismarck, ND 58501
Or send electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org
North Dakota United is an equal opportunity employer.